Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and elegant. A must for the holidays. The cashews add a nice crunch to this peachy sweet potato dish.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup broken cashews
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can peach slices, well drained
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Cook potatoes in enough salted water to cover until tender.
- Drain, peel, and cut into thick pieces.
- Combine brown sugar, cashews, ginger and salt.
- Layer 1/2 each of the potatoes, peaches and brown sugar mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Spoon syrup over all before serving.