Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very special side dish!! Delicious!!
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, boiled until just tender then peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix raisins and brandy in small bowl, let stand 20 minutes.
- Drain raisins.
- Layer sweet potatoes in 9 x9 x2 inch baking pan, top with raisins.
- Mix brown sugar, margarine, water and cinnamon in small saucepan, heat to boil.
- Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, basting with pan juices occasionally.
Yum! We have made this and also take inspiration from the raisins soaked in brandy. Thanks for the great recipe.