Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was on the Kellogg's website. I can't wait to try it at the Holiday time. Who doesn't love sweet potatoes especially mixed with all this other yummy stuff?
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (about 3 medium, mashed)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (you can use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal (I use the extra fiber kind)
- 8 ounces plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Stir butter, sugar, spices and orange peel into potatoes. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, yogurt, egg whites and vanilla. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Stir in potato mixture. Beat until smooth. Spread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan or dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Evenly top mixture with marshmallows. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows brown.