Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found in Canadian Living Let's Barbecue Summer 2004. It's a very simple side to prepare on your bbq. Sweet potatoes are popular in the islands of the Pacific Ocean, spreading from Polynesia to Japan and the Philippines.
- Scrub potatoes and cut each one into 8 lengthwise wedges.
- Place on a piece of heavy duty foil and sprinkle with butter, then seal foil tightly to form a packet.
- Place on grill over medium high heat, close lid and cook until tender, turning once (about 12 to 15 minutes per side).
- Note: If you prefer a potato with a crisp edge, place directly on grill for 1 to 2 minutes a side at this point (after removing from foil).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Tasty, fast and simple - LOVE.
My family really likes sweet potato fries and this recipe is a good one. The only thing I did was take them out of the foil and brown them a little, I like them a little crisper. Served them with honey mustard sauce. Made for ZWT8
Wonderful way to make sweet potatoes. Normally, I bake them but this way, hubby gets to grill them and couldn't be easier!! Made for PAC Spring 2012.