Ease into your morning with this breakfast treat!I got this out of a Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
8inch w ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- orange slice
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2Combine egg yolks, sweet potatoes, and next 4 ingredients; stir into flour mixture.
- 3Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter (batter will be thick).
- 4Spread batter on a preheated oiled waffle iron, and cook until lightly browned (I'm not sure exactly how long this takes).
- 5Serve waffles with Orange Butter and honey.
- 6Garnish, if desired, with orange slices.
- 7Yield: 8 (8-inch) waffles.
- 8Orange Butter: Combine ingredients at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- 9Yield: 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Waffles with Orange Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 465.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 7.6 g