Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this off of one of those recipe cards you find in the grocery store. Says it's heart healthy.
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups low-fat baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a medium bowl combine sweet potatoes, buttermilk, egg and oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk baking mix, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir sweet potato mixture into dry ingredients. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Coat waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 cup batter into waffle iron; close and cook until crisp.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.