1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Waffles
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Sweet potato gives these waffles a nice golden peach color and wonderful flavour. They are crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. Sweet potatoes provide almost half the recommened daily allowance of Vitamin C and two to five times the recommened amount of Beta Carotene!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and spices.
- 2In seperate bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, sweet potato, oil and orange rind.
- 3Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, stir together until just moistened.
- 4In a bowl with electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add sugar, beat until stiff peaks form.
- 5Fold into batter; pour batter onto a heated nonstick lightly greased waffle iron.
- 6Cook until golden brown until waffle iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes.
- 7Yield 12 waffles.
- 8NOTE: These waffles freeze well; After freezing, just microwave them for about 30 seconds and pop them briefly into the toaster.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g