Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try a fresh take on the veggie burger! Mashed sweet potatoes and cannellini beans are mixed with a dash of Cajun spice and toasted sesame seeds then rolled in crispy panko breadcrumbs. Oven baked and oh so good. Serve on a bun or atop salad greens.
- 1 (15 ounce) cancooked cannellini or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place beans in large bowl; mash well with a fork or potato masher. Stir in potatoes, egg, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Place remaining ½ cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish; carefully coat veggie patties. Place on prepared baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
- Bake 20 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned.
- Serving Ideas: •Serve burgers on soft wheat or sesame buns with sliced avocado, crisp Romaine leaves, and thinly sliced red onion. •Make open face sandwiches on thick slices of grainy bread, topped with sliced Muenster or Havarti cheese. •Place burger as a salad topper on a bed of leafy greens with tomato wedges and a tangy lemon vinaigrette dressing.