1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Simply Potatoes's Note:
Try a fresh take on the veggie burger! Mashed sweet potatoes and cannellini beans are mixed with a dash of Cajun spice and toasted sesame seeds then rolled in crispy panko breadcrumbs. Oven baked and oh so good. Serve on a bun or atop salad greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place beans in large bowl; mash well with a fork or potato masher. Stir in potatoes, egg, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- 2Place remaining ½ cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish; carefully coat veggie patties. Place on prepared baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
- 3Bake 20 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned.
- 4Serving Ideas: •Serve burgers on soft wheat or sesame buns with sliced avocado, crisp Romaine leaves, and thinly sliced red onion. •Make open face sandwiches on thick slices of grainy bread, topped with sliced Muenster or Havarti cheese. •Place burger as a salad topper on a bed of leafy greens with tomato wedges and a tangy lemon vinaigrette dressing.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 270.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes® Mashed Sweet Potatoes