Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's an autumn soup you can make on Sunday and enjoy all week.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional) or 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spray your soup pot with nonstick cooking spray and place over high heat.
- When pan is hot, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Boil soup for 5-6 minutes until the sweet potatoes are just tender. Stir frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cool before refrigerating. It will stay fresh up to 3 days and taste better each day. Reheat before serving. Or, let cool first before storing and place in your freezer; it can stay frozen for up to two weeks. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator before reheating.
- If you like things a little spicy, a small pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes is a nice addition to this soup. Add during Step 5.