1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato & Tuna Balls
A very easy appetizer to serve at parties and gatherings. Served with sour cream they are terrific. The yield will depend on the size of the balls you make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.88 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 0.94 lb tuna in brine, drained
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs, crushed
- light sour cream, to serve
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Cook the sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- 2Combine potato with the tuna, breadcrumbs, coriander, sweet chilli sauce, spring onions, egg, cumin and ginger and mix ingredients toghether well.
- 3Form mixture into small balls and coat in cornflake crumbs.
- 4Place onto a lined oven tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just crisp.
- 5Thread 2 or 3 hot balls onto skewers and serve with the sour cream as a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato & Tuna Balls
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 78.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g