A very easy appetizer to serve at parties and gatherings. Served with sour cream they are terrific. The yield will depend on the size of the balls you make.
- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 425 g tuna in brine, drained
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs, crushed
- light sour cream, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Cook the sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- Combine potato with the tuna, breadcrumbs, coriander, sweet chilli sauce, spring onions, egg, cumin and ginger and mix ingredients toghether well.
- Form mixture into small balls and coat in cornflake crumbs.
- Place onto a lined oven tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just crisp.
- Thread 2 or 3 hot balls onto skewers and serve with the sour cream as a dipping sauce.