This is actually my roommate, Michelle's recipe. I request she make it at least once a week and I had to have the recipe for myself because I am soon moving out. All measurements are approximate as she just throws the ingredients together and I just wrote down what it appeared to be. the good news is it seems to work perfectly every time.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and in 1/2 cubes
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, Finely chopped
- olive oil, for saute
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons panang curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 chili (fresh and finely chopped or flakes)
- fresh spinach (2 bags of the prepackaged spinach)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- cilantro, for garnish
- Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger in the olive oil on medium high heat in a large pot until the onion is transparent.
- Add the sweet potato and pastes. Mix well. Allow for mixture to heat up.
- Add coconut milk and chili. Stir. Allow for mixture to heat up.
- Add all the spinach to the pot, but do not mix. Cover the pot.
- After 5 minutes, the spinach should be wilted. Stir into mixture. At this time, add the fish sauce and stir.
- Re-lid and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Serve over rice and add a sprig of cilantro on top.