1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Thai Curry
This is actually my roommate, Michelle's recipe. I request she make it at least once a week and I had to have the recipe for myself because I am soon moving out. All measurements are approximate as she just throws the ingredients together and I just wrote down what it appeared to be. the good news is it seems to work perfectly every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and in 1/2 cubes
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely chopped
- 2 inch fresh ginger, Finely chopped
- olive oil, for saute
- 14.79 ml red curry paste
- 22.18 ml panang curry paste
- 396.89 g can coconut milk
- 1 chili (fresh and finely chopped or flakes)
- fresh spinach (2 bags of the prepackaged spinach)
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- cilantro, for garnish
- 1Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger in the olive oil on medium high heat in a large pot until the onion is transparent.
- 2Add the sweet potato and pastes. Mix well. Allow for mixture to heat up.
- 3Add coconut milk and chili. Stir. Allow for mixture to heat up.
- 4Add all the spinach to the pot, but do not mix. Cover the pot.
- 5After 5 minutes, the spinach should be wilted. Stir into mixture. At this time, add the fish sauce and stir.
- 6Re-lid and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- 7Serve over rice and add a sprig of cilantro on top.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Thai Curry
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 57.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
panang curry paste