Recipe by PrimQuilter
A nice addition to your Thanksgiving table ! This came from an Austin, TX Junior Forum collection of recipes. I have not included boil time for the potatoes.
- 4 -5 sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk (enough to mash)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel, cube and boil potatoes until soft.
- Mash potatoes with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and salt.
- Add enough milk to make mashed potatoe consistency.
- Pour into a 10 inch baking dish.
- Combine butter, sugar, milk and salt in a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- When cool, add vanilla.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over potatoes.
- Pour topping over the pecans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.