Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This goes wonderfully with a beef roast.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 cups bread cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cooked, and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute celery and onion in a skillet in the butter until tender.
- Stir in the pecans and seasonings.
- Pour into a greased slow cooker.
- Add the bread cubes and sweet potatoes.
- Toss gently.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.