Recipe by Tish
This sounds far sweeter than it is...only the natural sweetness of the potato with a savory layering of ingredients. Great option for a low fat side.
Top Review by BonnieZ
This was a delightful change of pace from regular potatoes and I enjoyed the savory end result of this dish. Halved the recipe with good results. Thank you Tish for sharing the recipe.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes or 3 medium yams
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the raw sweet potatoes as thinly as possible.
- Measure oil into a small bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another small bowl.
- Layer one quarter of the potatoes in a casserole dish, brushing the tops of the potatoes lightly with oil as you go using a brush. Sprinkle about a tbs of the Parmesan cheese mixture on top.
- Repeat step 4 until potatoes and cheese are used up.
- Bake, covered, at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake about 20 minutes more, until browned on top.