Recipe by mailbelle
These are wonderful anytime but especially in the Fall! Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) can be substituted for the sweet potato if you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (1 small to medium, about 10 to 12 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 400 degrees. Spray 15 regular-size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, 1/4 cup peanuts, the raisins, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add sweet potato, milk and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry particles are moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over muffins. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.