Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are wonderful anytime but especially in the Fall! Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) can be substituted for the sweet potato if you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (1 small to medium, about 10 to 12 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Heat oven 400 degrees. Spray 15 regular-size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, 1/4 cup peanuts, the raisins, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add sweet potato, milk and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry particles are moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over muffins. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.