Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I like to fix these as an alternative to French Fries. They are lower in fat and much better for you!! My son just "gobbles" them up!!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Cut slices into 1/4 inch wide sticks.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle oil over potato sticks and toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and toss.
- Arrange sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until sticks are lightly browned and crisp, stirring every 10 minutes.
Tasty and simple, but not as crisp as I would have liked. Next time I'll cook them at 425 or 450. I always have better luck roasting vegetables at a bit higher temp.
Didn't turn out crisp for me either, but oh were they good! I mixed them with regular potatoes, since dh has sweet-potato-phobia. But I thought the sweet potatoes tasted waaaay better than the regular ones. I used a crinkle-cutter, which I think kept some from burning on the entire side (just a little on the crinkles). This is an easy keeper, and when using regular potatoes, much healthier than fries. Thanks!
Easy to fix. Tasted good. Adds great color to the dinner plate.