Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Put onions, chili powder, orange juice, honey, salt and sweet potatoes in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high power, stirring once, about 20 minutes or till potatoes are done but still hold their shape.
- Add beans.
- Blend butter and flour and add to the mixture.
- Microwave on high power 5 minutes or till beans are heated through and stew has thickened slightly.
- Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.