Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Simple & Delicious. I haven't tried this yet, but sure sounds good.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Place sweet potatoes in a 1-1/2 qt microwave safe dish; add water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minute or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add spinach.
- Stir in flour and seasonings until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain sweet potatoes.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture into a greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the potatoes and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minute or until bubbly.