1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Sourdough Fritters
Good way to use up leftover baked/mashed sweet potatoes. I love them with a bit of honey. You could make a more savory version by omitting the sugar and cinnamon and adding a couple of T of minced onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon and milk powder: set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in sourdough starter abd sweetpotato. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened; set aside.
- 3Pour oil 3 inches deep in a medium skillet. Heat to 375 degrees. At this temperature, a 1 inch cube of bread will turn golden brown in 40 seconds.
- 4Carefully drop batter by small Tablespoons full into hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side or til golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Serve hot with honey and butter if desired.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Sourdough Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 388.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: