Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Direct from most famous soup vendor in New York City, USA. It's creamy, it's smooth, it's decadent, delicious and packed full of vitamins. It's not only mm m-good! It's even good for you. Serve it at your fanciest dinner, they'll demand the recipe.
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon half and half milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 cup cashews (Split in half)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Cool potatoes until they can be handled.
- Remove skin from potatoes and place potatoes in a large soup pot.
- Mash to semi-smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil over med/high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour. stirring occasionally.
- Cashews should be soft. if not, simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was o.k. I did need to doctor up a bit because I thought it was just way too watery. When I make again, I will substitute Vegetable Broth for water and add more half and half and tomato sauce.