Recipe by Mr. Sauce
Direct from most famous soup vendor in New York City, USA. It's creamy, it's smooth, it's decadent, delicious and packed full of vitamins. It's not only mm m-good! It's even good for you. Serve it at your fanciest dinner, they'll demand the recipe.
Top Review by Gone Fishin'
This was o.k. I did need to doctor up a bit because I thought it was just way too watery. When I make again, I will substitute Vegetable Broth for water and add more half and half and tomato sauce.
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon half and half milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 cup cashews (Split in half)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Cool potatoes until they can be handled.
- Remove skin from potatoes and place potatoes in a large soup pot.
- Mash to semi-smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil over med/high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour. stirring occasionally.
- Cashews should be soft. if not, simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.