1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Soup With Mascarpone
Tea Girl's Note:
This is a modification on a recipe that is one of my recipe books. I made it lighter by cutting out oil and nuts. You can also try it with roasted hazelnuts like the original, but I feel the soup is good enough without it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in pot on medium heat.
- 2Add onions and garlic and fry until onions are clear.
- 3Add potatoes and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- 4Add broth and bring to boil.
- 5Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Puree with hand blender. (I like mine very smooth, but if you want it more lumpy, be careful not to over-blend).
- 7Add mascarope and stir in until most large lumps are gone but small lumps remain.
- 8Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat and add salt and pepper to taste. (I added a lot of pepper and only a dash of salt. The amount of salt needed will depend on the broth you used and personal taste.).
- 9Serve with bread.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Soup With Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 121.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat mascarpone cheese