Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really simple soup to make. Serve hot with some good bread.
- 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, chopped roughly
- 1 head celery, trimmed and sliced
- snipped fresh chives, to serve
- Sweat the onion in a saucepan until soft, then add the hot stock.
- Stir in the five-spice powder, potatoes and celery.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for around 30 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Liquidise to desired consistency and serve with the chives.
This is really a great soup. Everything went together so quick and easy. I followed the recipe as stated. I will hold off on the five spice next time(my taste I thought it was superb without). I will be making this again.