Recipe by Shahana
Freezes well. NOTE Do not substitute green peppers for the red or yellow - you will get a very strange color. I prefer Vegetable broth but the data base does not have info on it.
- 28 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, scrub trim and slice 1/2 inch thick
- 2 sweet bell peppers, yellow and red
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk (optional)
- pepper, to taste
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil in saucepan;add sweet potatoes; cover and immer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stem, seed and couarsly chop peppers; add to sweet potatoes as you prepare them; add garlic and thyme and stir.
- When mixture is tender blend until smooth.
- Freeze in individual servings if desired.
- Thin with buttermilk, mil or water to consistency you prefer.
- Top with pepper and a dollop of sour cream if you like.