Recipe by jansjeg
I have been making soups for years, but have only recently acquired this recipe from a colleague. This must be my favourite soup ever! I don't always put cream in as it is very creamy without it.
- 2 -3 sweet potatoes (we call them Kumara in New Zealand)
- 2 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 2 -3 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules or 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 fluid ounces cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes.
- Add curry powder.
- Keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and chicken stock powder.
- Put lid on and sweat gently until soft, adding more water as needed.
- Puree with milk in food processor or with stick mixer.
- Bring back to nearly boiling point, take off heat and add cream if wished.