Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy Weight Watchers soup for 3 points a serve.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 800 g sweet potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 6 cups water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Coat a pan with cooking spray, heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is softened. Stir in the sweet potato. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in the water, stock cubes and sugar. Bring to the boil, lower hear, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Cool slightly.
- Puree the mixture and return to the pan. Reheat and serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Mmmmmm!!! Yum! This soup is so silky and creamy, yet has no cream in it. The savory onions balanced the brown sugar perfectly. Aside from peeling/chopping, this is very qiock and easy to make. Thanx for posting!