- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the water and salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are very tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, reserving a few chunks to stir back in for texture if desired.
- Blend in the sugar and serve sprinkled with parsley.