Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
As served on the buffet at the one in Charleston SC!!
Make and share this Sweet Potato Souffle by Bessinger's Bar-B-Que recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- peel and mash the sweet potatoes.
- add butter and eggs and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- add all the remaining ingredients (except cinnamon) while reserving a little coconut on the side.
- place in buttered 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- bake for about 30 minutes, a few minutes before removing sprinkle with coconut and leave just until starting to brown.
- remove let sit for a few minutes, serve as a side dish or a dessert!
Excellent recipe. I peeled, cubed and STEAMED the sweet potatoes before mashing them. I used splenda instead of the white sugar and brown sugar splenda (decreased it to 1/4 cup) for the brown sugar. These were wonderful, everyone of my guests wanted seconds.