Recipe by TX Ladybug
My mom saw this recipe on the Food Network and tried it. Since then it has become a staple for holiday dinners.
Top Review by latebloomerar
Made it today and the casserole was received well by everyone. I used 3/4 c. brown sugar and only about a 1/3 of a bag of mini marshmallows. I was the only one who thought it was a little too sweet, but I think next time I will use only 1/2 c. brown sugar.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cooked and whipped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) bag marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cook potatoes until tender.
- Drain potatoes and whip.
- Add sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Mix well and put in a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 25 minutes.
- Place marshmallows and pecans on top and return to oven for about 5 minutes or until brown on top.
- Food Network Episode #BF1A04.