Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful spin to the normal sweetpotato. The topping is optional depending on how sweet/nutty you like your sweetpotatoes. A favorite----
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large stockpot, cover sweet potatoes (cut into smaller pieces) with water.
- Boil 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Remove skins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and with an electric mixer, beat on low speed until potatoes begin to break up.
- Increase speed to medium high and blend until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low and add sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, eggs, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Allow any potato fibers to remain on the beaters and remove.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish.
- For the topping:.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour and butter.
- Mix well.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle topping over potato mixture and bake at 350C for 40 minutes.
This is just delicious! I also increased the vanilla to 2 tsp and used fat free Half and Half. Don't wait to make this for a holiday! It is delicious any day of the week! Thanks CB Made for Everyday Holiday Tag
This was delicious, I increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons, used half and half cream and reduced the salt to 1 teaspoon, next time I will increase the topping amounts, I actually baked this in a foil dish on my outdoor grill and enjoyed for a late lunch, thanks for sharing CB!