Recipe by nome179er
This is great recipe for thanksgiving. A way to spice up your holiday sweet potatoes.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 quarts water
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut your 3 pounds of sweet potatoes into cubes.
- In a large pot fill with water and boil your potatoes until fully cooked. (they should be soft enough to slip a fork into without any pressure), and then drain the water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat potatoes with a mixer until smooth, add eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, salt, cinnamon, beat in just enough juice to make the mixture moist and fluffy.
- Pour mixture into a 3 quart oven safe bowl. Smooth the potatoes on the top with the back of a spoon. Arrange pecan halves over the top of the potatoes. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the top of the pecans.
- Melt remaining butter in microwave safe dish, and pour over top of pecans.
- Bake in the oven on 375°F for 30 minutes.