Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have to make this for every Thanksgiving and Christmas and I have to double the recipe. Even the ones that say they don't like sweet potato go back for seconds.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -3 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, 1 stick butter, and vanilla, in bowl.
- Pour into 10x13 casserole dish.
- Mix pecans, flour, brown sugar, and stick melted butter together and crumble over top of soufflé.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes--should resemble pumpkin pie.
Fabulous Nicoleg! This will be on our holiday table as well as special Sunday evening meals...Made for PAC Fall 2009
wheather or not you like sweet potatos this dish is great. I definatly recomend it. Its a great side dish for the holidays.