Recipe by Nicoleg
I have to make this for every Thanksgiving and Christmas and I have to double the recipe. Even the ones that say they don't like sweet potato go back for seconds.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -3 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, 1 stick butter, and vanilla, in bowl.
- Pour into 10x13 casserole dish.
- Mix pecans, flour, brown sugar, and stick melted butter together and crumble over top of soufflé.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes--should resemble pumpkin pie.