Recipe by DoreenLZ
A perfectly light and sweet treat for a holiday morning breakfast. I would call this a breakfast comfort food
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted light butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar (could use less sugar or substitute Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups reduced-fat baking mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mash the drained sweet potatoes.
- Melt light butter, stir in sugar.
- Combine in bowl, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, butter/sugar mixture and cinnamon.
- Add biscuit mix and mix until blended, some lumps with remain.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets lightly coated with non stick cooking spray, making 6 equal portions.
- If desired top each biscuit with raw sugar for a sweet and crunchy topping.
- Bake on high oven rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden and baked in center. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Serve with nonfat plain yogurt cheese and fresh fruit or your choice of butter, jam or honey.
- Makes a fluffy, light and sweet biscuit.