Recipe by Evie*
nice change to the 'norm' shepherds pie
Top Review by Laudee
I fixed this lovely dish for supper this evening. My, my, we certainly did enjoy. I tossed in french-cut green beans, corn, and diced new red taters. Love the sweet potatoes on top. Turned out great! Thanks for posting such an easy and tasty recipe, Evie. Laudee C.
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 large onion
- vegetables (of your choice, celery,mushrooms,green beans, carrots)
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 6 kumara or 6 sweet potatoes, mashed with little bit of butter and milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
- Heat non stick pan, add a little water and saute mince and onion until mince is lightly browned.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes and juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Place mixture into ovenproof dish and top with mashed sweet potato.
- Bake at 200 for about 20 minutes.