Recipe by Sugarmagnolia_fl
I got this idea from the local supermarket weekly ad. I adjusted the spices used in this recipe to my liking. This seasoning mixture would also taste nice as a sprinkle on baked sweet potatoes or mixed into mashed sweet potatoes. Be forewarned, these have a bite to them. Use less curry and ginger if you're not fond of very spicy.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (rinsed)
- aluminum foil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Cut potatoes into slices (about 1-inch-thick; no need to peel). Scoop a shallow depression in each slice using a melon baller (or table spoon).
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil. Arrange potatoes hollow side up; cover with aluminum foil. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except butter) in small bowl. Cut butter into small portions and top each slice. Sprinkle liberally with spice mixture (focusing on melted butter pat) and serve.