- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar (1/8 c Splenda Brown Sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter (Heart Healty Margarine)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (1/4 c EggBeaters)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, sweet potatoes and buttermilk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; with lightly floured hands, knead dough 10-12 times.
- Pat into an 8-in. circle.
- Cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges and place 1 in apart on a baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 16-21 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm.