Recipe by Aroostook
Oh, my!! These are a sweet potato lover's dream! From a co-worker who was lucky enough to live in St. Thomas for a year...=)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- honey, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium-size bowl; stir in sugar.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix potatoes and 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter with a fork.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto floured surface.
- Roll out with a floured rolling pin or pat dough with your hands to make a round about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut into rounds with a 2-inch fluted or plain cookie cutter.
- Place 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheet; brush tops with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake at 400 F for 15-18 minutes until light brown.
- Split and serve warm with butter and honey.
- Makes about 10 scones.