Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice brunch or light supper. Great anytime of year, but especially during the cooler months.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb maple breakfast sausage
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place sweet potatoes and 1/3 c water in a large microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave at HIGH 15 min or until tender. Carefully uncover, drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Remove casings from sausage. Add onion to pan; saute 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add sausage; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is done, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, salt, syrup, 1 T water, red pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed and sweet potatoes begin to brown, about 5 minutes.