Recipe by Stewie
I have made this recipe for over 30 years and it is popular with adults and kids alike. Very easy and very good!
Top Review by Everybody eats when they come to my house
A bit sweet for my taste, but my husband could not stop eating it. He finished the entire thing... which was a disappointment to my teen boys who didn't get to taste what they helped cook! I used fresh sweet potatoes and 1 lb of bulk breakfast sausage, crumbled.
- 8 -12 sausage links (can use pork, "or" Smoky-Links)
- 1 (18 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 3 medium apples, pared
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canned pineapple juice or 1 can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly brown sausage links in skillet.
- Drain on a paper towel to remove extra grease.
- Slice potatoes and apples and place in a greased casserole dish.
- (If you use the pineapple chunks, you can add them here, if you wish.) In a small bowl, blend the flour, salt, brown sugar, pineapple juice (or syrup from pineapple chunks), and water; pour this mixture over the potatoes and apples.
- Place the sausages on top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the apples are tender.