Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have made this recipe for over 30 years and it is popular with adults and kids alike. Very easy and very good!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly brown sausage links in skillet.
- Drain on a paper towel to remove extra grease.
- Slice potatoes and apples and place in a greased casserole dish.
- (If you use the pineapple chunks, you can add them here, if you wish.) In a small bowl, blend the flour, salt, brown sugar, pineapple juice (or syrup from pineapple chunks), and water; pour this mixture over the potatoes and apples.
- Place the sausages on top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the apples are tender.
A bit sweet for my taste, but my husband could not stop eating it. He finished the entire thing... which was a disappointment to my teen boys who didn't get to taste what they helped cook! I used fresh sweet potatoes and 1 lb of bulk breakfast sausage, crumbled.