Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious summer lunch. This is how I first made it, but other fillers could include baby spinach leaves, tomato, avocado, sprouts, bacon crumbles, etc. The recipe is very flexible and approximate, assemble to your sandwich preferences.
- 1 pocketless pita (I use Konto's brand)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt or 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- poppy seed
- black pepper
- Microwave sweet potato until cooked, approximately 3 minutes on high; peel and slice. Microwave time will depend on size of potato.
- Mix yogurt, mustard, and a sprinkling of poppyseeds together.
- Warm pita in oven just until soft (about a couple minutes), lay flat and spread poppyseed dressing.
- Top one half of the pita with lettuce, onion, and sweet potato slices.
- Add black pepper to taste, fold over pita, and enjoy.