1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Salad With Toasted Coconut and Grapes
24 hrs 20 mins
Great side dish, from the Plantation Room in Calloway Gardens, Atlanta. Making this reminds me of going to see the lights there around Christmas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the raisins in the rum overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In a saucepan, cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water 10 to 15 minutes, until a paring knife goes through a piece without resistance.
- 4Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 5Meanwhile, toast the coconut by spreading on a baking sheet and cooking in the oven 2 to 3 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- 7In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk until the salt dissolves.
- 8While whisking, add the syrup and olive oil slowly.
- 9Reserve 2 tablespoons coconut and 1/4 cup grapes.
- 10Toss remaining coconut and grapes, the raisins with any reserved juices and sweet potatoes with the dressing.
- 11Spread in a shallow platter and top with the reserved coconut and grapes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Salad With Toasted Coconut and Grapes
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar