Recipe by Lisa Pizza
This unique salad is so simple and flavorful. It can be served as a side dish, or like I did--double the dressing ingredients and serve over baby arugula.
Top Review by zeldaz51
This is a great addition to the repertoire, very simple and flavorful without much work. We had baked some extra whole sweet potatoes wrapped in foil on the grill one evening and this was a great way to use the cold leftovers. The scallions and mustard give it some freshness, and the recipe isn't as fussy as some of the other sweet potato salads we make. It goes great with pork, chicken, and firm, meaty fish.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and dice in 1-inch cubes.
- Steam over boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mustard, vinegar and salt in large bowl.
- Add oil in thin stream while whisking to emulsify.
- Add hot potatoes to dressing and toss to coat well.
- Let cool about 15 minutes.
- Add scallions and salt to taste and toss gently.
- Serve as side dish or over arugula or spinach. I suggest doubling dressing and adding half to greens.