Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found on the internet at sweetpotato.org.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This made for a nice light lunch. I decreased the celery to about 3/4 cup and used bottled lemon juice since that is what I had. Was a very flavorful and the craisins were a great addition (my favorite). Will be making this again! Made for I Recommend Holiday Tag.
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake sweet potatoes 45 to 60 minutes, or until almost tender ~ DO NOT OVER BAKE or they will be mushy. Remove from oven & allow to cool.
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks (peeled or not!), then put them into a large bowl.
- To the bowl add the celery, onion, parsley & cranberries, stirring carefully to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice & olive oil, then carefully toss this oil mixture with the potato mixture before salting to taste.