Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe was found on the internet at sweetpotato.org.
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake sweet potatoes 45 to 60 minutes, or until almost tender ~ DO NOT OVER BAKE or they will be mushy. Remove from oven & allow to cool.
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks (peeled or not!), then put them into a large bowl.
- To the bowl add the celery, onion, parsley & cranberries, stirring carefully to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice & olive oil, then carefully toss this oil mixture with the potato mixture before salting to taste.
This made for a nice light lunch. I decreased the celery to about 3/4 cup and used bottled lemon juice since that is what I had. Was a very flavorful and the craisins were a great addition (my favorite). Will be making this again! Made for I Recommend Holiday Tag.
Different but tasty potato salad! I don't care for onions so left them out, otherwise made as directed. The tartness of the cranberries and crunch of the celery was very nice with the sweet potatoes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a really nice change from regular potato salads. Because I was short on time, I peeled and diced my sweet potato and simmered it, rather than oven roasting, which I am sure would have been fabulous. I also cheated and used a little premade vinaigrette, although I did add a squeeze of lemon to perk it up. This was a lovely side for my lunch sandwich.