1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Salad
Judy from Hawaii's Note:
I am not sure how readily available Okinawan sweet potatoes are. This salad would probably taste just as good with just yellow sweet potatoes, but if you can get the purple ones too, please do use them. The peppers & two colors of potatoes makes for a visually appealing salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb okinawan purple sweet potato
- 1 lb regular sweet potato
- 1 maui onions or 1 other sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1Boil sweet potatoes until cooked, but still firm.
- 2Chill, peel, and dice.
- 3Mix with onion and peppers.
- 4Mix all ingredients for dressing together and chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
- 5Remove garlic, onion, and bay leaf from dressing.
- 6Shake dressing and pour over salad at least one hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g