Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am not sure how readily available Okinawan sweet potatoes are. This salad would probably taste just as good with just yellow sweet potatoes, but if you can get the purple ones too, please do use them. The peppers & two colors of potatoes makes for a visually appealing salad.
- 1 lb okinawan purple sweet potato
- 1 lb regular sweet potato
- 1 maui onions or 1 other sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 slices onions
- Boil sweet potatoes until cooked, but still firm.
- Chill, peel, and dice.
- Mix with onion and peppers.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing together and chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Remove garlic, onion, and bay leaf from dressing.
- Shake dressing and pour over salad at least one hour before serving.