Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a totally different kind of potato salad! Sweet potatoes and black beans with a jalapeno lime dressing! Can be easily made ahead and served cold or reheated! From American Profile. americanprofile.com/recipes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium limes, juice of
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 78.07 ml cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peeled and cut sweet potatoes and chopped onions on a baking sheet that has been brushed with olive oil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over all.
- Bake in preheated oven, 400 degrees, for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place jalapenos, garlic and lime juice in a blender or food processor and process until blended.
- Place finished sweet potatoes and onions in a large bowl. Add drained and rinsed black beans and chopped bell pepper. Pour the jalapeno mixture over the top and toss well.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top if desired. Serve hot or cold!