1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Salad
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This is a totally different kind of potato salad! Sweet potatoes and black beans with a jalapeno lime dressing! Can be easily made ahead and served cold or reheated! From American Profile. americanprofile.com/recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium limes, juice of
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place peeled and cut sweet potatoes and chopped onions on a baking sheet that has been brushed with olive oil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over all.
- 3Bake in preheated oven, 400 degrees, for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 4Place jalapenos, garlic and lime juice in a blender or food processor and process until blended.
- 5Place finished sweet potatoes and onions in a large bowl. Add drained and rinsed black beans and chopped bell pepper. Pour the jalapeno mixture over the top and toss well.
- 6Sprinkle cilantro on top if desired. Serve hot or cold!
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g