Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good picnic salad. Nice change from regular potato salad. The 1 slice of bacon just gives a hint of bacon flavor.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 slice bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- Cook sweet potato chunks in salted water until tender. Drain; plunge into very cold water to cool them and drain well again.
- Place cooled sweet potato chunks in a large bowl.
- Toss with crumbled bacon, celery, onion, walnuts, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Gently fold in the Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
- Chill for about 2 hours before serving.