Recipe by Marianne in the Village
This is a refreshing salad. I like to serve it at Easter, and in the summer when we grill. Cooking time is chill time. It is from a potluck favorites cookbook.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or a dash of ground ginger)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in lilghtly salted water until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Mix mayonnaise, orange peel, orange juice honey, ginger, nutmeg celery and dried apricots in a large bowl. Stir in sweet potatoes. Chill for at least 6 hours, up to 24 hours. Just before serving stir in the nuts and pineapple.